In September 2011 we opened our Bilingual Reception Class which works in parallel to our Open Reception Class. Both classes follow the English curriculum and both classes are learning French through songs, stories and repeated phrases such as commands. The Bilingual Reception Class has a focus on learning French through five areas:
- Communication – Repeated phrases, Levez-vous / Stand up, Asseyez-vous / Sit down.
- Music – Singing songs to help the children learn phrases and vocabulary.
- Literacy and Numeracy – Joining in with stories and counting activities.
- PSE – Bonjour, Au revoir, C’est à moi / It's my turn, C’est à toi / It's your turn.
- Immersion – A French teaching assistant works with a group of children and speaks entirely in French, modelling language that the children are currently learning, with actions to support their understanding.
Days, Months and Seasons
Hello and Goodbye / Bonjour et Au Revoir
Parts of the Body
Grand Palais - take in the Parisian view
Opéra National de Paris - watch with your virtual reality headset